We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer a preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Front End Development Specialist will be responsible for overseeing and executing the design, programming, and long-term integration of U.S. Soccer’s web applications and platforms.
The position will initially focus on collaborating with third-party software development partners, but will also be responsible for guiding strategic design and execution of cloud-based enterprise web and mobile applications. The position focuses on software, but also requires a strong understanding of sports business and technology, and a passion for soccer.
- Consult with software development partners on web and mobile application design, implementation, and ongoing development
- Assist with ongoing optimization of ussoccer.com and other organization websites, including web design and development
- Continuously investigate trends and best practices in UX/UI and their suitability for the organization’s web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with all U.S. Soccer departments, external users, and partner organizations to understand both current and future use cases
- Develop web and mobile applications within a cloud-based service-oriented architecture
- Collaborate with the Technology team to align software development with organization-wide technology strategy
- Drive the ongoing evolution of existing software solutions to increase efficiency and empower data-driven insights in all aspects of the organization
- Additional duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Education/Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Deep experience in creating user-facing applications via calls to a service layer (e.g., ServiceStack)
- Experience in Agile environments/Agile development methodologies (scrum, JIRA)
- Knowledge of additional programming languages is a plus: PHP, Ruby, C++, C#, Perl, Python, R, etc.
- Experience with developing applications in cloud architectures (Azure, AWS) and mobile app development tools (Xamarin, Amazon Mobile Hub)
- Experience with common APIs and web services: SOAP, REST
- Good understanding of relational and dimensional database domains (PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.)
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of mobile and web applications in sports and sports business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Full-time position, 40+ hour work week
- Weekend and holiday work required
- Travel may be required
An ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Desire to be part of a team
- Display a tireless work ethic
- Exceptional UX/UI design skills
- Possess a growth mindset, is open minded and seeks challenges
- Pursue lifelong development and learning
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Request feedback and is open to criticism
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- Passion for soccer