U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
As a critical member within the Finance department, the Corporate Accountant serves the organization's staff, department heads, Senior Executives and Federation members through planning and reporting. A crucial process is driving the compilation and creation of the annual budget which assists our longer-term planning and strategic decision making. This role also provides reports across a number of areas including National Team games, International games, Membership data, Sponsor activity, and Investments while assisting in projects and analysis as necessary.
- Budgeting, Planning and Strategic Analysis
- Special projects, analysis and support as required
- Degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 5-8 years of progressive Finance experience
- Prior audit experience a plus
- Budgeting and Planning experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and a Financial ERP system (Sage MIP preferred, Oracle, Hyperion Reporting)
- Strong verbal, written and in-person communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Desire to be part of a team
- Display a tireless work ethic
- Possess a growth mindset, is open minded and seeks challenges
- Pursue lifelong development and learning
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Request feedback and is open to criticism
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- Passion for soccer