U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
As an important role within the Finance department, the Staff Accountant serves the organization's staff, department heads, Senior Executives and Federation members by driving the data integration process for transactional processing; including journal entries, account reconciliations and the review and recording of our various revenue streams. This role will also assist in other projects and analysis as necessary.
- Account Analysis
- Manages monthly general ledger account reviews
- Prepare monthly account activity reconciliations
- Analyzes financial trends and activity for strategic decision making and efficiencies
- Journal Entries
- Prepare and record monthly account journal entries
- Assist in ways to improve the timeliness and efficiency of recording transactions
- Revenue transactions
- Review and reconcile registration revenues
- Reconcile and record daily credit card revenue activity
- Special projects, analysis and support as required
- Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive Finance experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and a Financial ERP system (Sage MIP preferred, Oracle, Hyperion Reporting)
- Strong verbal, written and in-person communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail