U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Sporting Development Associate will work within the Referee Department, reporting to the Referee Program Coordinator and is based at U.S. Soccer’s headquarters in Chicago, IL. The core function of the position is to facilitate the day-to-day duties of working with the Game Officials, Sales Force and other platforms used within the department. This opportunity is aimed at applicants that are college graduates seeking professional careers in the sport of soccer. This is a six-month internship with an hourly wage.
- Review current teams in Game Officials from various leagues to determine if they are still affiliated.
- Review playing locations and teams in Game Officials for duplicate identities.
- Responsible for answering email sent to the general department email account
- Check registration packets of National level officials, assessors, and instructors and make sure they have met all requirements before sending.
- Obtain correct addresses for returned registration packets.
- Merge Salesforce duplicate accounts.
- Complete and send out Certificate of Insurance requests.
- Assist in planning of various Referee Programs Events.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of the sport and the overall soccer landscape in the U.S.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service focus to solve complex and urgent situations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Proficient with technology programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Keynote, etc.)
- Experience in developing/supporting technology platforms or database management is a plus
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills