We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes, fans and members. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work as part of a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that offers a casual work environment, inclusive culture, an atmosphere for professional development and internal career growth opportunities.
The Talent Identification Department mission is to improve the quality of scouting at all levels with one of the main objectives to expand and improve the player pool for the Development Academy and Youth National Teams. This candidate will be highly organized and able to support the Director of Talent Identification and help manage a large network of Scouts and TID department coordinators while supporting the National Team staff and Technical Advisors and in an administrative capacity. The Manager in this role should also be comfortable with extracting, manipulating and interpreting data across multiple scouting/player data platforms and communicating that information effectively.
Primary Duties of the Position:
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Talent Identification and U.S. Soccer scouting network.
- Manage Federation player and scouting databases and liaise with the Analytics and Research and Information Technology departments, as needed
- Discover new avenues (e.g. processes, software and technology) to support and positively impact player identification within the Federation
- Efficiently distribute player data to key stakeholders and other Federation departments (e.g. High Performance and Analytics)
- Monitor elite player production to help signal trends (i.e. club, market, pathways, chronological age, etc.)
- Manage scouting calendar
- Support Development Academy Technical Advisors and scouts with event logistics
- Provide administrative support for Talent ID License
- Oversee onboarding process for all newly added scouts to the network
- Filter external scouting inquiries to Director of Talent Identification, as needed
- Strong knowledge of the sport and the overall soccer landscape in the U.S.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service focus to solve complex and urgent situations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Proficient with technology programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Keynote, etc.)
- Ability to travel, flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Experience in developing/supporting technology platforms or database management is a plus
- Knowledge with soccer scouting and data platforms (Scout7, Wyscout, Opta, etc.) preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Desire to be part of a team
- Commitment; display a tireless work ethic
- Possess a growth mindset; open-minded and seek challenges
- Pursue lifelong development and learning
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Accountable for actions/decisions; no excuses
- Request feedback and open to criticism
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- Passion for soccer