U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes, fans and members. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work as part of a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that offers a casual work environment, inclusive culture, an atmosphere for professional development and internal career growth opportunities.
The Development Academy mission is to impact everyday club environments. Expansion into Zone 1 boys’ soccer and the addition of a girls’ program creates opportunities for the addition of dedicated Development Academy staff to support member clubs. The Development Academy staffing structure currently provides full-time opportunities within this department based on employee performance and fit. This opportunity is aimed at applicants that are college graduates seeking professional careers in the sport of soccer, specifically youth player development.
Primary Duties of the Position:
- Build relationships with Academy clubs and provide outstanding customer service through regular communication, training and support
- Work collaboratively with Academy Coordinator team to filter messages and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Establish existing and new avenues to support and positively impact player, coach and referee development
- Expert knowledge of the Academy philosophy with ability to interpret rules, regulations and policies
- Support Technical Staff with implementation of Academy program initiatives
- Serve as liaison to clubs, referees, and Technical Staff to assist Academy Coordinator team with events and registration
- Manage game day Academy operations (may include evening/weekend availability)
- Strong knowledge of the sport and the overall soccer landscape in the U.S.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service focus to solve complex and urgent situations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Proficient with technology programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Keynote, etc.)
- Experience in developing/supporting technology platforms or database management is a plus
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Desire to be part of a team
- Possess a growth mindset; open-minded and seek challenges
- Pursue lifelong development and learning
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Accountable for actions/decisions; no excuses
- Request feedback and open to criticism
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- Passion for soccer