USA Cycling has been developing technological advancements at the USOC Colorado Springs Velodrome and USOC Chula Vista BMX SX Facility to bring both facilities on par with, or surpass, the premier training facilities in the world. A major success factor for the future is USA Cycling’s ability to collect and collate reliable, repeatable, relevant data, and accurately evaluate the data collected. The key to this effort in high performance technology is recruiting a world class Sport Technologist and Performance Analyst.
The sport technologist/analyst will work in close collaboration with many stakeholders including, but not limited to, the Vice President of Athletics, High Performance Directors, the USA Cycling Development Foundation, USA Cycling sponsors, the United States Olympic Committee, and USA Cycling athletes.
1. Develop and implement the technology infrastructure at both USOC-COS Velodrome and USOC-CV BMX SX facilities with hardware and software upgrades.
2. Identify and implement current and future sport analysis trends and tools that will improve the ability to monitor and improve athletic performance.
3. Design, implement and deliver targeted projects across multi-disciplines.
4. Use objective data and information (video and numerical) to enhance the coaching process.
5. Ability to communicate complex data in terms that are easily understood by a wide range of audiences.
6. Collect, capture, prepare, sort and analyze data from competitions and training both nationally and internationally.
7. Development of a cloud based data storage system with global access.
Other duties as assigned.
This will be a full-time role based at USA Cycling’s national headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO.
· Master’s degree in sports science specializing in the area of performance analysis or equivalent qualification in related subject (e.g., Biomechanics, Engineering, Technology, Mathematics).
· Experience in providing performance analysis support to athletes and coaches to improve performance.
· Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of performance analysis to performance sport.
· Experience developing and implementing innovative ideas and putting these into practice, working in an applied and integrated manner.
· Experience applying scientific approaches to performance analysis systems (data validity, user reliability, etc.).
· Experience in project managing, coordinating and collaborating on multi-team performance projects.
· Ability to effectively build, lead, and follow in a team setting.
· Ability to communicate a clear, credible vision aligned with the mission and values of USA Cycling.
· Creative, energetic, resourceful and proactive.
The employee may occasionally lift and / or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; use hands to handle or feel objects; and, stand, walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work is performed both in an office environment, where noise levels are usually moderate, and in a sporting environment where noise levels can be high.
Work is frequently performed around moving mechanical parts and athletes traveling at high speed, which requires close and constant attention to one’s environment.
Frequent air and ground travel will be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is a full-time salary position, with compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave; and the opportunity to participate in a 403b plan.