The Membership Services Lead helps coordinate USA Cycling’s customer service efforts to provide best in class support to our more than 60,000 members nationwide. The Lead also serves as the front line of customer service for USA Cycling members via phone, email, and in person. The Lead will help coordinate between the customer service team and other departments.
A strong customer service background in a high pressure environment is essential to success, along with a strategic mindset and ability to solve problems quickly and creatively. Experience with cycling, or another complex membership organization, particularly in the Olympic movement, is helpful.
1. Working in tandem with customer service team to answer phone calls and emails, particularly outside traditional business hours
2. Tracking and solving customer service issues as they are reported by the Membership Services Specialist and the Event Services Coordinators.
3. Tracking, filtering, and reporting technology issues as they are discovered by the team and ensuring that fixes are satisfactory for members
4. Helping implement customer service tool such as Zendesk or other suitable technology to track issues and provide better customer service to members
5. Managing membership related email boxes, and ensure inquiries are being addressed in a timely manner; forward inquiries as necessary to appropriate staff
6. Monitoring and tracking customer service issues and relaying feedback to leadership and teammates as needed to ensure ongoing issues are addressed, while providing proactive ideas and driving creative solutions to problems
7. Welcoming and directing company visitors to the appropriate staff member
8. Managing all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS and FedEx, distributing mail to appropriate staff, and handling all membership mail as designated
9. Updating member information as needed to ensure correct data is contained in the membership database
10. Managing inventory for print and promotional items and office supplies
11. Placing office supply orders, receiving and delivering new supplies as needed
12. Maintaining cleanliness of lobby area and conference center
13. Performing data entry and record processing work as required, including club applications, membership applications, and one-day licenses
14. Assisting Membership and Event Services teams with administrative tasks as needed
15. Assisting with planning and preparation of meetings, conferences, and conference calls
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Minimum three (3) years of customer service experience required
· Associate’s degree or equivalent experience required
· Knowledge of office best-practices and procedures to accurately process various types of administrative work under strict timelines
· Strong written communication skills required
· Experience with and understanding of competitive cycling preferred
· Knowledge and understanding of USA Cycling memberships and clubs preferred
Skills & Capabilities:
· Leadership: naturally leading the customer service team even in the absence of supervisory responsibilities
· Adaptability: quickly learning complex systems and intricate policies in a rapidly changing environment, and the ability to recommend and implement improvements
· Customer service: focusing on customers and developing solutions which meet their needs or desires
· Teamwork: working selflessly with others in the pursuit of a common cause
· Communication: verbal and in written clarity with all members, race directors, clubs, and staff to respond to their needs in a timely, professional, and accurate manner
· Organization: ability to multi-task, set priorities, manage own time, monitor progress, and effectively deal with stress and a high-paced environment with attention to detail
General office equipment, such as computer, scanner, fax, and telephone.
Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Generally, works in the office; therefore, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is a full time, non-exempt position based at USA Cycling’s National Headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick and holidays and the opportunity to participate in a 403b plan.